Jan 1, 2011
Here's a list of personal goals for 2011 in no particular order. I decided to list only objective goals, so for each point I can check it off the list once it's reached.
- I am going to take a minimum of four full weeks of vacation, meaning at least 28 days in which my e-mail will be set to auto-reply. [1/4]
- I am going to run a triathlon. I'm currently considering the Stadt-Triathlon München[signed up] or the Triathlon International Vallée de Joux
- I failed my 2010 resolution to donate blood 5 times, so I'm going to do it this year. The blood donation center is on my way to our new office, so I have no excuse for failing this one. [2/5 done]
- Read 5 books in 5 different languages. I managed to do this one in 2010, but all the books I read in English were non-fiction. For 2011 I add the restriction that only fiction books count. [3/5]
- Make a concert or release a song. The main point here is to finally finish a composition.
- Get married.
- Finish the Toastmaster Competent Communicator manual (I still have 8 prepared speeches to go). [3/8]
- Upgrade this website to Drupal 7 and release my custom theme on drupal.org.
- Write a minimum of five blog posts (not including this one).
- Rent a ConferenceBike. This is just for fun.
- Run the Bavarian Run with Katha again, but with some more preparation this time so we don't end up with a limp for a week. [signed up]
Dec 27, 2010
I have been inspired by various bloggers to spend some time thinking about the past year and review all the things that happened, what went well, what could be improved, and what I want to change in the future. I've already jotted down my goals for 2011, but this is for another post.
2010 was my...
Aug 24, 2010
Here are my slides from the presentation: 10 Reasons why you should use Features for your Drupal project as well as the video that was posted to archive.org.
Jul 14, 2010
Apr 12, 2010
The Drupal community is a very diverse one. So when the idea came up to make a viral video to promote the DrupalDevDays and invite Dries Buytaert (founder of the Drupal project), we didn't have a shortage of talent in the local community. From video experts to stunt actors, everyone came together...
Apr 11, 2010
It's been about two years since I registered happypixels.net. What started as a simple blog has now become the web presence for my business as an independent Drupal consultant, and the website needed to be updated to reflect that change. Besides registering happypixels.com, I have also been reworking...
Mar 19, 2010
As a member of the organizing team, I am happy to invite you to the Drupal Dev Days (aka DrupalCamp Germany 2010), which will take place on May 8th and 9th in Munich. We already announced the event on many German-speaking channels, but I would like to invite those of you who might be coming from further...
Feb 25, 2010
Upgrading Drupal websites from one major version to the next is painful. Most people solve the problem by sticking with the old version, and I've seen a lot of people give up after trying for many days. I've myself done a good amount of (successful) upgrades from Drupal 5 to Drupal 6 in the past year...
Jan 28, 2010
No, I'm not talking about trees as a data structure, I'm talking about branches where you can actually hang stuff. Apparently people liked the coat-hanger tree in the hallway of our apartment, and those who couldn't see it in person asked for pictures. It took more time to decide how to make it than to actually do it, but we had a lot of fun doing both.
Nov 30, 2009
I'm back in the office after a wonderful week-end in Vienna. DrupalCamp Vienna and the surrounding activities were great to meet new faces, catch up with friends and build new relationships.